San Francisco Bay Area Connections
Looking for dog activities in the San Francisco Bay Area? Here are pointers to finding clubs and organizations near you. If you don't find what you are looking for try your local dog training clubs, most really don't mind referring out and will help if they can. You can find dog training clubs in your telephone book. NOTE: Despamming measures are in place for email addresses. Remove any extra spaces.
- San Jose/Bay Area Dog and Training Events
A list of dog related activities in the SF Bay Area with the focus on the South Bay Area.
Urbanhound is a general resource for those who share their lives with dogs focused on services and activities by geographic region. This page is the San Francisco Bay Area.
- San Francisco Dog Owners Group
Activities and information on dog ownership in the San Francisco area. Activities and information on dog ownership in the San Francisco area. Especially good resources for off leash access information on the San Francisco side of the Bay Area.
- East Bay Regional Parks Dog Access Policies
Dogs are permitted in most of the East Bay Regional Parks, and off leash walking is permitted in a large percentage of those. Most are not dog parks. By that I mean that dogs are permitted off leash but must maintain company manners - running up to strangers is rude, even if it is intended to be friendly. Other park users should be able to enjoy the park as if your dog were not even present. Making the park uncomfortable for other users is a sure route to getting dogs banned. The exception is Point Isabel which operates more like a dog park.
- Agility Clubs and Schools
You can search for local agility clubs and schools here.
- The Bay Team for Dog Agility list of trainers (the club local to me)
One of the most active agility clubs in the United States membership spans far south of San Jose and far north of Vallejo. The club holds trials but does not have a club training facility. This page lists trainers in the area.
- Bay Team
- Haute Dawgs
- Western Agility Group
- Precision Chaos
- Freilance Dog Sports
- San Francisco ACE Dog Sports & Agility Training Facility
- Fortis Agility Sports Training
- Carmichael Greytdogs Agility Training Facility
- Salinas-Monterey Canine Agility Center
- Power Paws Agility Of San Jose
- Touch and Go Dog Agility Training Center
- AKC Geographical List of Clubs
Use this resource to search for local obedience clubs.
- Northern California Working Sheepdog Association, Inc
Promotes ISDS style herding trials
- Northern California Herding Group Association
AKC club limited to AKC herding breeds
- Oxford Ranch
- Performance Dogs In Action
- HERDING 4 EWE
- Bay Racers Flyball Club
- Sacramento Flyball Club
- Castro Valley Fully Loaded Flyball Club
- San Jose Dog Flyball Club Of Northern California
- Flyball Locator
Connect up to Flyball teams by geographic region
- South Bay Canine Rev it Up Flyball Team
- Disc Dogs of the Golden Gate
Musical Canine Freestyle
- Dogs Can Dance
Dock Diving or Dock Jumping
Bay Area Diving Dogs
- Nor-Cal Canine Hikers
exchange of ideas and information on cabins, campsites, backpacking adventures, hiking trails and water sports within the Central and Northern California regions
- Bay Area Hiker: Where to Hike With Your Dog
- See the pages on those activities for sites likely to have clubs listings.
- California Dog Owners Group
Look for me
I'm always cruising around various parts of the Bay Area. My license plate is easy to spot.
DogPlay Home Page
Lost? PageList lists all the DogPlay pages.
Check the Help page.
Learn more About DogPlay.
Before making a link request, check my criteria.
Copyright © 1998-2004,
Diane Blackman Created: June 25, 1998 Updated: December 30, 2011
Help with Contacting DogPlay
For information on linking and other uses of this material see the copyright
Unauthorized copy discovery is enabled
Help About Feedback Partners Listing Home